XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XSR 700, (Triumph Thunderbird 900)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided to order an XSR (black with XTribute seat), I´ve been wanting this bike since it was launched, so now my 95 Triumph Thunderbird 900 will have to go, I wanted an agile and modern bike.
I´m as excited as a little kid (I´m only 54). I´ll have to wait till April to get it which is OK given the cold winters here.
I´m 173 (5.67 feet), I hope I´ll be ok height-wise. I tested the bike, feels tall but def OK, let me know your thoughts.
Great forum btw :cool:

·
Super Moderator
794 Posts
Welcome, Mikael. Good luck with keeping your excitement in check until next April! You'll certainly find the XSR light and agile compared to your Thunderbird.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I finally decided to order an XSR (black with XTribute seat), I´ve been wanting this bike since it was launched, so now my 95 Triumph Thunderbird 900 will have to go, I wanted an agile and modern bike.
I´m as excited as a little kid (I´m only 54). I´ll have to wait till April to get it which is OK given the cold winters here.
I´m 173 (5.67 feet), I hope I´ll be ok height-wise. I tested the bike, feels tall but def OK, let me know your thoughts.
Hi Mikael,
Congrats on a new bike! Is it 2021 or 2022 model? Did they update anything from 2021? I'm on a fence whether to go with 2021 or see if 2022 will receive updates from MT-07.
Cheers,
Andrey

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Andrey
It´s the 2022 model. Only differences are circular discs and a catalyst as far as I have understood

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm 5'6" but with a relatively long inseam, 32" to the ground. About the only issue I have is that the pegs are right where your legs will go, but I have no problem living with that - after all, it's only when I'm stopped and all I need is toes on the ground.

I'm 68 and the bike tends to bring out a bit of the hooligan still there. Gassing it a bit from a stop has the front wheel floating off the ground nicely, makes me smile.

Here is the one review that sold me on the bike -

Then there was this review that didn't quite make it to a review, had to read the article -

Not that I can do wheelies like that, but just entertaining.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Historic white has black wheels.
Yes. And "retro" is relative. I´m born in 67 and to me retro means 50s-60s. Gold wheels are fom the 70´s which is my childhood in hippie-times that I did not appreciate. Anyway, I think I like these gold wheels. The paint work is also nice, but very 70´s.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts