XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Still a bit too cold for me to get the bike out but will be giving it a run when we get a sunny spell! I suffer slightly with Raynaud's so my fingers get cold very quickly. This means I tend to ride only in summer but this means missing out in the spring!

I've decent leather gloves and silk inner gloves but can manage only 10 to 15 mins before losing feeling - not good with brake and clutch levers

So I'm looking at getting a set of heated grips fitted - need to mount them more toward the throttle side as my thumb brake takes up most room on the clutch side

Anyone got them and if so, what make? Any reviews etc would be appreciated, thanks all

·
Registered
65 Posts
Got the Yamaha ones fitted because I don't like those cheap-looking control boxes bolted to the bars... bit expensive, work fine, three settings enough but I don't ride in winter! Handguards help too.

·
Super Moderator
619 Posts
Heated gloves are an alternative option. I had a colleague at work who rode in all conditions (including icy roads!) - he swore by them. Cheaper than heated grips as well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use heated gloves (Gerbing G12) for 2 1/2 years now. For me the best solution.
I used heated grips with my former bikes. The biggest problem is that your palm is hot but the back of the hand is still cold.
I ride the whole year even at low temperatures.

Attachments

Reactions: GreenForest

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't think of heated gloves! That'd be better too as my finger tips should also be warmer

Thanks guy's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts