XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am thinking about changing the stock headlight. Do you have some recommendations ? Im looking for something simple, led (preferably with homologation) and thinner than stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey bud,
I have the JVB kit installed and works like a charm. It also supports universal led headlights from eBay, Amazon, AliExpress etc.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey bud,
I have the JVB kit installed and works like a charm. It also supports universal led headlights from eBay, Amazon, AliExpress etc.
Yeah I have a gauge relocation kit from them , Im considering it thanks for suggestion

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys, I am thinking about changing the stock headlight. Do you have some recommendations ? Im looking for something simple, led (preferably with homologation) and thinner than stock.
No question I would go Brogue! - Let me repeat - GO BROGUE! I bought a KOSO - mistake. Sent it back and not sure if I'll ever get my $$ back. Called Brogue and they are AMAZING. Got it within days and Kit fits perfect and the light (8700 is what I bought) is perfect. I' m ecstatic with anything I get from them and soo happy with the bike. Scorpion exhaust was my lasy buy an it makes the bike sound sooooo much better than the tinny stock pipe.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's another possibility in post #8 to pull the headlight back and look clean click here
That is interesting. I was wondering if 900 headlight would fit. Anyway I slept on it and will think about it next season, I have spent too much already on this bike... But thanks for ideas

·
Registered
570 Posts
I will say the only major cost is the shell. Everything else transfers over from the 700. The metal spacers for the headlight rim mount are put in from the outside instead of from the inside. I think I used the same rim mount screws. Only new screws were stainless ones I used in the mounting brackets. Not much cost there.

If you want to prove out your mount before you cut up aluminum, make the brackets in 1/4" hard board to make sure all works as you want. It would be under $50 usd for the whole thing. Then if you buy a different kind of headlight add that. I just used the stock one figuring if I outride the beam I either need to re-aim the headlight or slow down... 😄

1 - 11 of 11 Posts