XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new rider with my first bike, a 2018 XSR700. Making a few (mostly cosmetic) mods to it, and am looking at the Purpose Built Moto Torpedo slip-on muffler. What size do I need? What is the diameter of the headers? Thanks!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hey, if you have an aftermarket exhaust, you will have to check with the manufacturer. If you have the stock exhaust unfortunately it is one piece so your only option is to get a full system. Personally I recommend the Zard system from Italy but there are a bunch of great options.

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
I agree, you'd likely end up with a butchered OEM system (about $500) then have to do what you didn't do in the first place (buy a complete new non-OEM system) after a lot of headache trying to make it work. You'll be much happier even though the cost may be intimidating.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, new rider with my first bike, a 2018 XSR700. Making a few (mostly cosmetic) mods to it, and am looking at the Purpose Built Moto Torpedo slip-on muffler. What size do I need? What is the diameter of the headers? Thanks!
What did you end up within the end? I'm looking to do the same but didn't know you had to replace the whole system, only after reading this post. Was hoping I wouldn't have to fork out for a full system as I only want to open up the grumble a little.

·
Registered
94 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts