XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine wants to get a couple of them so we can talk while we go on rides and be able to listen to music on our commute. Has anyone here had any experience with these devices and would you recommend them? Whats the best comms device in your opinion?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought Packtalk bold duo and shared it with my friend. Got them last year on discounts. Very happy with purchase.

I decided to not to go with slim, since not all helmets are compatible with it. Slim looks better than bold, but I preffer variability.

·
Registered
2018 XSR700, 2009 Yamaha R6
253 Posts
I absolutely recommend using them. I bought a set of cheaper ones on amazon for when riding with my girlfriend 2 up. It’s a really nice thing to be able to communicate without stopping and/or removing your hands from the bars. And when riding in a group to be able to call out safety concerns, route changes, cops ahead, whatever, I think it’s a great piece of technology to take advantage of using.
I will say for older riders who are not tech savvy that adding electronic devices to riding may not be a good thing but that’s on an individual level.
Definitely get used to the buttons before you get on the bike when you’re sitting on your couch watching YouTube motorcycle videos wearing your helmet and making engine noises wishing you were riding cause it’s raining out. Otherwise it becomes a distraction trying to figure out call buttons and volume and whatnot while riding. Don’t be that guy (or girl).
The only downside was the extra wind noise the device causes when mounted to one side of the helmet, but, you get used to it. It’s still worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a paktalk slim. It would be pretty good if not for the fact that my phone's been through the ringer and the bluetooth is fucked up on it. It actually has a picture of an XSR on the box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts