XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

So just that, has anybody fitted tank pads?, is it easy?, how to position them properly?, are they glued?.

It would be great to get your experience...

Thanks.

David

·
Registered
63 Posts
I havent seen or experienced myself but i would say that they woukd be similar to car badges...I would say you'd peel back a sheet to reveal sticky tape, and you'd have to line it up by eye and press it on, smudging it from the center out to get all the air bubbles out. You could probably use tape on the outside to line it up and use a lead pencil to outline the pad. Then peel and stick...if you miss, heat it up with a hairdryer over 5minutes and remove. But probably got one shot at it. I'd maybe heat the tank with a hairdryer alittle just to warm it up, to help it adhere to the tank nicely.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi David

I bought my XSR700 with tank pads already fitted, they seem to be glued.
It can't be that hard to fit them but removing them might be difficult as they stick firmly!
Heating them up as Anthony suggested might help though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for the reply, actually my concern is only related to position the pads correctly, I don't want to have a "cross-eyed" bike, jejeje...

·
Registered
324 Posts
I don't think there's a single perfect position for tank pads. You just sit on your bike, see where your knees hug the tank and put the pads there. I just kinda slap them on randomly...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts