XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking its normal for handlebars on a xsr to move (back and forwards not side to side b4 any smart arses come on..)

Wondering if its an anti vibration thing or if i need to go to a dealer? Ive checked all the bolts and there ft but its just something ive never noticed before.

cheers lads Thumbs Up

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm not exactly sure how your handlebars are moving, but if you mean they are moving in their clamps when the clamps are tightened to spec, You have a problem and if it were me, I'd be headed to the dealer to fix the problem before you end up in a casket. I've never owned a bike that had handlebars that moved and I've owned a bunch. Don't ignore an obvious problem.

·
Super Moderator
619 Posts
"They all do that sir!" A bit unsettling, but perfectly normal!
....which is what your dealer will say! There's a rubber mount in there somewhere, so you will feel a bit of movement on acceleration and/or braking. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The MT/FZ07 has the same problem that many complain about.
But its normal i have noticed it on mine but nothing im concerned about.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I just checked Yamaha's microfiche and it doesn't show any rubber mounting on the handlebar mounts. Maybe they left it out on the pictures but I've owned an FZ07, FZ09 and now the XSR and I haven't noticed any discernable movement in my bars, and they feel solid mounted to me. I have owned a couple cruisers that used rubber mounts and I could definitely feel the bar movement in those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts