XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a great bike for the money but the thing I can't get along with is the movement in the handlebar. I think my rubbers are worn which is causing excessive movement. It's crazy and doesn't generate any confidence.

The torque on these engines is just perfect for the UK roads. Sometimes I would like more power but in reality I probably couldn't use it. At least on this bike you can use all the throttle :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's a great bike for the money but the thing I can't get along with is the movement in the handlebar. I think my rubbers are worn which is causing excessive movement. It's crazy and doesn't generate any confidence.

The torque on these engines is just perfect for the UK roads. Sometimes I would like more power but in reality I probably couldn't use it. At least on this bike you can use all the throttle :)
I have this problem too, my solution is to make (or buy if you cant make) washer that sit in the recess' to restrict the movement. replacing the rubber mounts i think will be costly and difficult.

·
Registered
513 Posts
@Hogzi the handlebar movement is a feature of the XSR. To block it is a simple mod. On my short list easy mods for huge improvements, you will find it under top five.

And yes, the possibility to use full throttle makes this bike so likable.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I removed the washer that is between the top yoke and handlebar clamps with a thick washer on the underside of the top yoke.

The handlebar clamp has a recess at the bottom that allows it to sit on the top yoke which negates the rubber washer.

I put the washers back in to see what difference they have with the vibration but the movement was too excessive and I wouldn’t risk riding like that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I removed the washer that is between the top yoke and handlebar clamps with a thick washer on the underside of the top yoke.

The handlebar clamp has a recess at the bottom that allows it to sit on the top yoke which negates the rubber washer.

I put the washers back in to see what difference they have with the vibration but the movement was too excessive and I wouldn’t risk riding like that.
Just took the washers out of mine, no movement at all now, perfect thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts