XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted a pair of Hagon progressive fork springs - my god, why did I wait so long? What a difference; the fork dive on braking is now controlled, the ride is plush and the cornering feels much more confident. Best £84 I've spent on the bike. Trouble is, it is showing up the rear shock for being a bit crap. So maybe Mr Hagon gets £299 and I'll sort that out!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fitted a pair of Hagon progressive fork springs - my god, why did I wait so long? What a difference; the fork dive on braking is now controlled, the ride is plush and the cornering feels much more confident. Best £84 I've spent on the bike. Trouble is, it is showing up the rear shock for being a bit crap. So maybe Mr Hagon gets £299 and I'll sort that out!
Hi Domster. I can't see one specifically for the XSR700 on the hagon-shocks.co.uk website. Did you get the JYARM041 springs (MT07)? Would they be ok for a 200 lb (91kg) rider. Also did you change the oil or the pre-load?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Domster. I can't see one specifically for the XSR700 on the hagon-shocks.co.uk website. Did you get the JYARM041 springs (MT07)? Would they be ok for a 200 lb (91kg) rider. Also did you change the oil or the pre-load?
Sorry Bernie for late reply - yes I got the MT07 ones and didn't change the oil or pre-load. I also weigh about that and it works a treat

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Domster Thanks for the reply. I got the Hagon JYARM041 progressive fork springs and fitted the adjustable pre-load caps. It does make an big improvement. The pre-load caps allow the front/rear balance to be adjusted without having to cut the spacers. I have set slightly more pre-load than it would have been with standard caps/spacers, probably due to my 200 lb weight. There is more rebound than there should be when the forks are hot. I haven't changed the oil but now the weather in the UK is heading into winter I will wait until the spring before trying thicker oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts