XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've received motorcycle licence last friday but bought a bike half year before that :)

Red XSR700 assembled in 2018, registered in 2019 :)

I love the look of that bike. It looks way more better in real life rather in pictures.

I've already ordered frame sliders and radiator cover.

Now I'm looking for the proper exhaust. Unfortunately new Akra is out of my budget.

I can't decided what to choose. My two favorites are: Termignoni and Yoshi R77.

Does anyone has any feedback on how loud are they. I really don't want to piss off my neighbors.

photo_2019-05-14_09-54-00.jpg

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your lovely red XSR!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi,

I can't decided what to choose. My two favorites are: Termignoni and Yoshi R77.

Does anyone has any feedback on how loud are they. I really don't want to piss off my neighbors.

Here in Quebec, Canada, any exhaust louder than the stock gets fined Euro 500 and plus! Then they give you 48 hours to put the stock back and go see the police. I will not change mine, unfortunately, too much trouble!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sad to hear that, Robraz :( XSR definitely needs some after market exhaust.

I've watched lots of videos in past few weeks, thinking what to choose and at some point I've decided to move with Scorpion Serket.

I know that big UK shops sometime make 10% discounts during bank holidays and on 25th of May I've received a 10% voucher for any purchase at Sportsbikeshop. I wanted to get titanium version, so I've ordered it despite the fact that I need to wait for approx. 4 days for exhaust to be delivered to their warehouse.

I thought that it's kind fair price and decided to wait. After 2-3 days I've received an updated, that exhaust delivery will be delayed and it will reach warehouse in 1 week 4 days. I once again started to struggle maybe I need different one.

In the result I've canceled my order for Scorpion Serket and purchase titanium Termignoni exhaust. I haven't received it yet it is currently on its way to me.

If anybody interested in video how it sounds - ping me.

P.S. There are few videos over the internet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I've fitted new exhaust and it sounds wonderful. All these vidoes on youtube cannot transfer real sound of the exhaust. I choosed to not take off the DB-killer since I think it is also quite loud (maybe I'm wrong). :D

I've ordered Dartmarlin screen - https://www.dartflyscreens.com/products/yamaha-xsr700-piranha
I've fitted frame sliders - https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-vintage-frame-sliders-yamaha-xsr700-2018

After I installed exhaust, I started to like rev and accelerate harder because the sound is much more better.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Number 1, video does a really poor job of capturing sound because it was never made for doing that and number 2, depending on where your are and what exhaust you use (other than the stock) you are probably in violation of emission laws, number three, they are all pretty expensive for the increase in power and where that power comes in. Believe me, I've made the mistake several times. If you want more noise that's your choice but you might as well pour your money down the toilet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All aftermarket parts doesn't add aditional value to your bike. I know it. Stock exhaust has poor sound - that's fact. Termignoni has homologated version of their exhausts which meets EURO4 standart(if using catalyst) which make them street legal. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts