XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Peter. This brand new tech black XSR is my third bike, after riding an Er6n as a first bike and later on a Bandit 1250n. So far I've done almost 400 km on it. Although I'm still in the break in period with rpm's up to 6000, I love this bike. Can't wait to Rev it a bit further. I may have downgraded in pure power but also in weight and that makes a huge difference. For me the power is more than sufficient, very usable and never terrifying . It is almost flickable like my mountainbike.
The only upgrades I have done so far are the flyscreen, fork gators, tank pads, frame covers and an Evotech tail tidy. Also considering the Evotech radiator cover, upgrade in fork springs (öhlins or hyperpro?), the gilles tooling speedometer holder and an exhaust with a bit more grunt. Probably the Mivv Ghibli.
The picture was taken this morning in front of a sunny Menin Gate in Ypres.

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
Welcome to the group. I haven't seen a black model, sounds good. One of the best things about the 700 is light weight. 70 H.P. and 400 lbs. makes for an active ride for sure. Like you, I've had larger bikes in the past but with the greater power usually comes another 100 or so lbs. and lugging that around can get tiring I itself.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both a tight bit deeper and further away, but not less comfortable. The handlebars are also a bit less angled, which is nice for my wrists. The overall feel is a bit more sporty and easier to dive into a turn. Don't expect miracles. It's all in small grades.
The main reason I swapped to XSR900 OEM bars is that I could keep the threaded barweights en they come predrilled.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And... I went back to the original handlebars. A more upright position turned out to be more gentle for my back. Apparently the designers did do their homework.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts