XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there!

I'm new to the forum (obviously...), but not a new XSR owner as such. I bought a Forest Green XSR700 in the beginning of October 2016, just days after passing my test and getting my license. Love the bike, even though I use it pretty much as an ADV/Dual Sport - which I'm not so sure my bike enjoys quite as much as I do... :wink2:

I'm a woman in my mid-thirties, originally from Sweden, but I have been living in Oslo, Norway for the past 10 years or so. It is not unusual for me to zig-zag the border on small forest roads - paved or not - when out exploring :grin2:

Attaching a photo from the end of the riding season last year, which fairly well shows the current iteration of the bike :)

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow it looks fantastic! What tyres are those? and those hand guards? Welcome to the forum!
Thank you! :smile2:

The tyres are Pirelli MT60RS - lovely tyres for that bike :) The hand guards are from Evotech-Performance, as are the levers (not visible), sliders and rear stand bobbins.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Attaching a photo from the end of the riding season last year, which fairly well shows the current iteration of the bike :)
Hi again, looking closely at the picture I see that you have tank pads, could you tell where you got them? I have the 2019 silver color and the original yamaha tank pads partially cover the logo, so I am on the lookout for some alternative. thanks

·
Super Moderator
620 Posts
Welcome, ForestTroll. It took you a while......! Looks like you've been keeping Ermax in business as well - that windshield looks good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi again, looking closely at the picture I see that you have tank pads, could you tell where you got them? I have the 2019 silver color and the original yamaha tank pads partially cover the logo, so I am on the lookout for some alternative. thanks
The tank pads are from R&G Racing, usually listed for the MT-07. I wanted something a little more low profile than the Yamaha accessory ones.

Lovely, I will look it up. Greetings form a fellow girl rider!
Awesome, we need more of us! :grin2:

Welcome, ForestTroll. It took you a while......! Looks like you've been keeping Ermax in business as well - that windshield looks good.
Yes, it did... Been encountering this forum every now and again during my various searches for accessories and such, and thought it was about time to join :wink2: Yeah, the windshield and belly pan was pretty much the first thing I did to the bike, along with the radiator guard. Looks awesome, and the windshield has served me well as a glove holder (!) :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the group. The bike looks pretty good for being a cross-country ride, you must be darned good at it.;)
Haha, well, I try to ride within the limits of the bike, so I'm not banging it up too badly. Ground clearance, wheel and tyre size and stock suspension kind of sets the tone for how gnarly a trail can get before I turn around. Still, I fully expect having a rock or something punch through the (hideous) exhaust at some point, as well as having to change out the suspension eventually... :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome to the group. The bike looks pretty good for being a cross-country ride, you must be darned good at it./forum/images/smilies/wink.gif
Haha, well, I try to ride within the limits of the bike, so I'm not banging it up too badly. Ground clearance, wheel and tyre size and stock suspension kind of sets the tone for how gnarly a trail can get before I turn around. Still, I fully expect having a rock or something punch through the (hideous) exhaust at some point, as well as having to change out the suspension eventually... /forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
Good luck. That overweight monstrosity could stop a bullet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts