XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am an English immigrant relocated in Barcelona, Spain. A lifelong bike fan, riding off road since 10 and more recently on road (SV650, W650 and then XSR). Have had my Forest Green XSR for almost a year now. Made a few cosmetic changes and a few more to come. Happy to talk XSR and bikes in general!

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
Welcome Mogwai - good choice of colour! I'd be interested to know how you think the SV650 compared to the XSR. For what it's worth, I think the new SV650 engine/clutch/gearbox make a fantastic power/transmission unit (better than the XSR), but the bike itself is not great for taller riders and doesn't match the XSR on build quality or aesthetics.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi mogwai
Welcome from the Midlands U.K. were we have recently enjoyed our best summer ever!
Wishing you many happy safe miles on your new xsr700.
Everyone I have ever met highly rates the sv650 lump, I have put many miles on 650 versys and bmw's f800s and can honestly say the mt07 / xsr700 engine is as good as them.
Always loved the w650 but sadly to small for the iron giant!
In fact when it and the Suzuki vanvan were discontinued due to Euro legislation it affected the way I voted in a recent referendum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts