XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a biketrac tracker installed, was done years ago from a mechanic, but the unit seems faulty, my contract is expiring and I just want to take it out.
Contrary to other gps tracker (like monimoto) this one attaches to the motorbike battery to leach off power.
Any idea where it could be connected to?
Thanks

· Registered
327 Posts
It would appear you don't know where the unit is on the bike. From the biketrac website: "Proper installation of the BikeTrac unit is important to make sure the unit works as intended and also to make sure if your vehicle is stolen the unit is hard to find."

That will make it rather more challenging to remove. I would suggest you either contact an authorized installer, provide whatever they need to verify you are the owner, and see if they will tell you the most likely locations and what to look for.

Beyond that, start by removing the tank covers and fuel tank, battery and see what you can find. It would help a lot if you know what the device looks like.

They also say "Please log-in to your portal and select 'disable SOC' before removal" So you may want to do that before you cancel your contract. FAQ

It would appear to have at least 4 wires to it, red, white, blue and black. (10:18 shows some wires) They appear to have been successful in keeping pictures of the actual unit off the web.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have been very good at avoiding pictures online, but looking for used units on sale returned these 2:
Circuit component Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Cable Electronic device
Audio equipment Electrical wiring Gas Gadget Cable

Now I know the unit could be pretty much anywhere, but won't the cables need to be connected in a specific place?
Can I find the cables first and then follow them?

· Registered
327 Posts
Red and black are just power and ground, which could be tapped into anywhere in the system. The blue is likely switched power, again, lots of places to source that. Find the unit, work your way back on the wires. For our bikes, under the faux tank at the rear and behind the rectifier are the largest open spaces. A good installer would never use the battery terminals for the install, too obvious and easy to disconnect. That's why they want to hide it all.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had to take it back to who installed it in the end.. now that I know where it was I would have never found it. Not without taking apart half of the bike.
So now I have no gps leeching, and a brand new official battery.
I won't have any issue for at least 6 months, we'll see later if there's still problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts