XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered it on Feb. 14, received it yesterday! Fits perfect, no fiddling with catch under the seat.
I ordered it all black, with silver Corbin name on side. If you order one (since only the Gunfighter + Lady version is on the website), you have to call and request you want it built to Gunfighter pattern. Also, be ready to tell the order person what materials and colors you want. So, check out the options on the website, first. I think red stitching might have looked good, but who knows? Total $575.00 with shipping.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
Looks great but isn't that a dual seat? The pillion perch looks more comfy than the OEM standard seat. I think the huge price tag will keep it out of reach for most owners, unfortunately.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is the ground easier to reach ?

For a solo seat, I find it too long.

(It's a matter of taste, but choosing red and/or white instead of all black to match the tank.)

I was looking to take one too but I have some seat manufacturer here too, closer.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went for a 150 mile ride yesterday, very comfortable. It is my 4th Corbin seat. Check out their website, they have a "dual" seat, called the Gunfighter and Lady. The rear portion on the Gunfighter solo seat is for style, and, being sloped rearward does not attempt to be a passenger seat. And yes it is about 3/4" lower than the Yamaha solo seat was, but I did specify my height and inseam when ordered, so perhaps they adjust the height when they make it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice looking seat. For some reason it looks like the ride height would be a bit higher than the stock seat. I have a really small butt and the stock seat gets uncomfortable for me after a couple hundred miles. I've been thinking about an aftermarket seat but my past experience is that many aftermarket seats don't offer much better comfort even when they look like they should. Maybe I'll give them a call.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I didn't liked the Yamaha solo seat. Surely it does look confortable.
Don't let the looks confuse you. Nice long flat seating area with adequate width for decent support. It doesn't lock you in one spot like some bucket type designs. I thought it was a bit hard at first, but now I really like it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts