XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have loved modding and riding my XSR, but she went to a new owner today. In addiction to my 390 Duke commuter I now have a BMW F800GT, some would say an old man's bike but at 52 who am I to argue?

Thanks everyone for your assistance and (sometimes unlooked for) humour, take care of yourselves and each other.

·
Super Moderator
773 Posts
Farewell and good luck on the F800GT. Feel free to drop in here from time to time - selling your XSR is no shame. There's no such thing as an old man's bike (unless it's your father's).....any bike will keep you young - I should know!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Have loved modding and riding my XSR, but she went to a new owner today. In addiction to my 390 Duke commuter I now have a BMW F800GT, some would say an old man's bike but at 52 who am I to argue?

Thanks everyone for your assistance and (sometimes unlooked for) humour, take care of yourselves and each other.
Mav you will be missed. You went back and forth, almost decided to keep her again. Enjoy the F800GT. Hope you get some rides in before the roads change. Guessing you're riding the Duke thru the winter. Be well and stay safe.

-Dan

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thx for all posts, forks & your suspension mods are good stuff.

All things are impermanent, in endless transformation, except a good personality that does his best to help all. Be safe amigo

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mav you will be missed. You went back and forth, almost decided to keep her again. Enjoy the F800GT. Hope you get some rides in before the roads change. Guessing you're riding the Duke thru the winter. Be well and stay safe.

-Dan
Hi Dan, yes, the little Duke will shoulder the winter commuting burden. We've had fuel supply issues in the UK and the little guy does 79.4mpg so that helps!

All the best, keep it shiny side up fellas (and ladies)

Rog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts