XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's it gone and done it.
Called at a local Yamaha dealer and got one in forest green.

Its a 2016 model but was not registered, so will be registered as a 2017 bike.
I got it for £5674.10 on the road, which has left me with enough spare to make it sound better.
will put some photos up when its delivered in 2 weeks time as I am in Spain for a week from saturday.

Now all I need to do is some research on which exhaust to buy, really like the Akrapovic low slung type.
So time to start looking for a good price, one question though is it OK to fit without invalidating warranty.
Any help finding best price for exhaust gladly received.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Akropovic is fine mate any other manufacturer may.....invalidate your warranty if a fault is linked with the exhaust......apparantly this never happens and its basicly a money making deal for akro and yamaha oh and the warranty is fine only if the akro is fitted by yamaha dealer......

·
Registered
321 Posts
You definitely gotta pay to keep that warranty in good standings. But I'm sure you'd be good with any other slip on or something once it doesn't cause any malfunctions or what not. Nonetheless, congratulations on pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You definitely gotta pay to keep that warranty in good standings. But I'm sure you'd be good with any other slip on or something once it doesn't cause any malfunctions or what not. Nonetheless, congratulations on pulling the trigger.
Guess your right TheCrow, The money is slipping through my fingers like I don't have any fingers.
Just ordered the Akrapovic twin exhaust, not even got the bike delivered yet.
But it should give me chance to sort the DB killers out prior to fitting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Tabspeed,

There is a lot of exhausts at the market wich can buy, of course, Akrap is very good but for me, it is also a little bit overpriced. I'm looking for a nice exhaust to my XSR too. We can use also any exhaust for FZ07 (USA)/MT07(EUROPE), the same engine and frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts