XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my old vStrom I installed an adapter like this one

Without cutting any wires, this would give me switched and continuous power for alarms, top & side boxes, auxiliary signal lights, running lights etc. I would just plug it between exiting plugs, and voila.

Is there something similar for the XSR 700?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
There is no need for such device since the XSR700 comes with a switched auxiliary port that can be used for your intended purposes. The plug can be found under the petrol tank on the left hand side. I managed to access it and plug in without removing the tank.
However if you need more than one port then indeed the device you show could be handy.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I got my plug on evilBay but technically all you would need is just the metal pins, since the aux port comes with a dummy (empty, no connecting pins) male plug.
I did watch some YouTube tutorials that showed where the plug is and how to get to it.
Here is a vendor that was willing to ship to Australia, but I am sure you can find one for your part of the world: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Yamaha-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great, I'll order those and create the cable myself.
Is there any way I can find out the part number of that plug? I might be able to find it locally.
Thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
I tried myself to find the part number but no luck, had to order it online. Apparently some Yamaha dealers stock them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts