XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all, I've just bought a used genuine Yamaha flyscreen to fit to my 2019 Xtribute and it fouls the speedo. Does anyone know if the Xtribute speedo bracket is different to other XSR's?

·
Registered
232 Posts
...the speedo location is different. It is right high up from the ignition lock. You may locate the speedo to the middle.

Have a look on the typical XSR700 speedo relocation kits. With the advice from the forum you will find the best suitable kit in combination with the flyscreen.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
@Sparky You can get a new speedo bracket on Aliexpress for pretty cheap, or if you want something plush, Brogue Motorcycles makes a killer bracket. I have it and love it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
@Sparky You can get a new speedo bracket on Aliexpress for pretty cheap, or if you want something plush, Brogue Motorcycles makes a killer bracket. I have it and love it.
Or just make a couple of brackets for your flyscreen; not that hard and amazing what a difference a little matt black spray paint makes...you could save yourself $100. It baffles me sometimes what suppliers charge us for relatively basic bike parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good info, never used Alixpress is it a reliable source?
It looks like the bracket in that video might foul the braced bars on the Xtribute, so I need to do a bit more research.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or just make a couple of brackets for your flyscreen; not that hard and amazing what a difference a little matt black spray paint makes...you could save yourself $100. It baffles me sometimes what suppliers charge us for relatively basic bike parts.
Completely agree, I'm all for minor fabrication, I made a small tank rack for the XSR which has turned out to be really useful, unfortunately bespoke screen brackets wouldn't help as the screen won't go far enough back for my taste because of the speedo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts