XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Like a bloody idiot I managed to lightly scratch my tank with a zipper I forgot to cover on my jacket!

Has anyone got any recommendations of a 'scratch remover' etc? The marks are only on the surface, about 2cm long and not deep. I was going to use standard silver T Cut but thought it best to ask the forum for any advice first

Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi all

Like a bloody idiot I managed to lightly scratch my tank with a zipper I forgot to cover on my jacket!

Has anyone got any recommendations of a 'scratch remover' etc? The marks are only on the surface, about 2cm long and not deep. I was going to use standard silver T Cut but thought it best to ask the forum for any advice first

Thanks
I'd like to know this as well as I have a few fine scratches on the tank. It seems to scratch very easily.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've always found Meguiars products to be amazing and you can buy it online. Meguiars M205 should be able to take it out with some elbow grease and it's a polishing compound so you don't have to worry about any haze.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I went to a sign shop where I get my stickers made, got some scrap 3M clear vinyl they use to cover and make somewhat permanent their printed color stickers. Cut it to shape and put it on the center panel where my zipper will hit. Son-in-law is going to use some to put on the side panels of his FTR1200 to stop wear from his knees. It's not as heavy as the MX bike sticker vinyl clear, doesn't need to be.

I got it for free since I do a fair business with them, but I'm betting if you asked for scrap clear used on stickers you could possibly get it for free or maybe only a couple bucks.

When it looks crappy, peel it off and put on another bit. Use a hair dryer to help apply it if needed. Similar to car wrap.

I may put it over the sides of the tank panels if it looks like they are wearing a bit. I don't like the knee pad thingies, never have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts