XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
The fork gaiters are a much better look I'm surprised these don't come as standard now, they seem to be one of the first mods people go for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fork gaiters are a much better look I'm surprised these don't come as standard now, they seem to be one of the first mods people go for.
Probably because they can charge an additional £50 for the gaiters plus fitting......

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey woody, where did you get your nose fairing? s2 concept?
hey tjcheshire, yeah that's right. I got it about a and a half ago and I'm happy with the look. I got a set of gaiters, nose fairing and shortened mud guard from s2 concept.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, black 40mm waste pipe and some waste pipe cutters. I have some left if you want some. It does leave a gap on the inside but you can't see it.
This looks awesome! Just to check, is this pipe that you’ve just cut and then slotted over rather than having to remove the entire wheel etc? I’d be keen to know more on how you done it as I’d like to do the same myself without having to remove the entire front wheel. Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This looks awesome! Just to check, is this pipe that you’ve just cut and then slotted over rather than having to remove the entire wheel etc? I’d be keen to know more on how you done it as I’d like to do the same myself without having to remove the entire front wheel. Cheers
Just cut the pipe the right length then cut a slit top to bottom. They then snap over the forks. Fairly tight though!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just cut the pipe the right length then cut a slit top to bottom. They then snap over the forks. Fairly tight though!
Nice! Sounds fairly straight forward to be honest. And I presume it won’t effect the workings of the forks at all? Did you still have some left over? Happy to buy from you if so? Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice! Sounds fairly straight forward to be honest. And I presume it won’t effect the workings of the forks at all? Did you still have some left over? Happy to buy from you if so? Cheers
No, has no impact on the function of the forks at all. If you cover postage you can have them free. I'll even cut them for you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No, has no impact on the function of the forks at all. If you cover postage you can have them free. I'll even cut them for you.
Legend! That would be great, thanks very much! More than happy to cover postage.... let me know how much/where to make payment and I'll get it sorted. Cheers again

·
Registered
94 Posts
would you mind telling me where you got them from please hogzi? screwfix or something? also you say theres a slight gap, is it worth getting 39mm tubing? and what length do you cut them to.

thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
would you mind telling me where you got them from please hogzi? screwfix or something? also you say theres a slight gap, is it worth getting 39mm tubing? and what length do you cut them to.

thanks
Toolstation. Part number 85464 @ £2.68 and the tool for cutting it is 78023 @ £10.99. I only bought the tool to get a nice clean cut and to get the pipe in the car :). Cut the pipes just slightly under 18cm.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts