XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I purchased a 2018 XSR about a month ago and until this week it's been tons of fun with no problems.
So this week I accidentally left the key turned on and drained the battery, tried charging it and it wouldn't hold a charge. No big deal, I got a new battery with full charge and hooked it up.
Now the problem appears, when turning the key on I get no response from anything; cluster, lights, horn, nothing. As far as I can tell, there's no blown fuses or grounding issues anywhere and the new battery has a charge @12.6V
I'm not really sure what the issue could be, has anyone had/seen a similar issue or have any suggestions on where to go next to solve it? I'm really eager to start riding again haha

·
Super Moderator
764 Posts
Are you absolutely certain that you've connected the new battery correctly and that the terminals are tight? Draining the old battery shouldn't have blown any fuses. Let us know how things work out - good luck!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Did you purchase from a dealer or private party, used or new leftover model?
Quickest way to get it corrected and back to riding is take to a dealer if you are not mechanically inclined to locate problem. Hurry, the weekend is coming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you absolutely certain that you've connected the new battery correctly and that the terminals are tight? Draining the old battery shouldn't have blown any fuses. Let us know how things work out - good luck!
Yep, I have some new fuses on the way just in case so I'll see once they arrive.

Did you purchase from a dealer or private party, used or new leftover model?
Quickest way to get it corrected and back to riding is take to a dealer if you are not mechanically inclined to locate problem. Hurry, the weekend is coming.
It was a leftover from a dealer, would something like this be covered under warranty?
It's already been a week for the battery to get here! :(

·
Registered
312 Posts
Of course, this should be covered by warranty, it is a new bike. Assuming you did not do something out of ordinary to it. And be sure that the new battery is fully charged before you install to bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts