XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
When I decided to trade my year and a half old Bolt for a new ride I checked out a lot of new offerings, mostly from the Japanese manufacturers and Ducati and Triumph. I wanted another mid size bike (around 700-850 cc) mainly because I wanted performance and rideability mixed in with the style of the 70's/80's because that's just what I happen to like. I've got enough bikes and miles under my belt that simple flair doesn't impress me any more and the XSR700 just seemed like the best fit for my needs and the amount I was going to lay out for a new scoot. I'm pleased with what I've got and I ride for the enjoyment of riding, I don't sit around admiring my transportation, I use it. I'm pretty sure if I was on the subject bike here, instead of my own XSR700 that I put 200 miles on yesterday riding our country roads for a few hours, most of my 70 year old body would be in poorer shape than it is today. When I look at the pod intake and short exhaust, I'll bet on the dyno my bike puts out better power, both across the board and on top. I've noticed lately that few "builders" bother to dyno their custom bikes after they butcher the intake and exhaust systems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts