XSR 700 Forums banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I work nightshift tonight, and tomorrow night, then 4 days off.
I plan to get this wrapped up, and get my first ride of 2021, during those 4 days.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
It looks amazing Rasberry!
How did you remove the big connector in the OEM bucket? The hole is smaller than the plug. Or did you remove it from the other side through the bucket?

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
It looks amazing Rasberry!
How did you remove the big connector in the OEM bucket? The hole is smaller than the plug. Or did you remove it from the other side through the bucket?
I unplugged the other end of the short pigtail lead , and fished that through the hole.
It's only about a one foot lead.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh ok, so from the back through the hole of the bucket. Thank you!
Now I now and can remove all the electrical tape!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got the headlight tube brackets welded... done.
Fitted the billet sleeves, with custom belt sander shaved o-rings, to take up the gap at the top.
Now, full fork tear down. change oil, fit booties.
Your bike looks sharp, Rasberry. Really nice. I wanted to ask you how you went about producing the top fork sleeves or fork covers.
I bought the mt07 parts just to find out they have rings all over that I dislike very much. I was planning to try and shave the rings with sand paper or something to achieve a flat surface and afterwards spray it black.

Your fork covers seems not to have the rings. How did you manage that? Thanks in advance. Cheers!

·
Registered
2018 XSR700
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 · (Edited)
Your bike looks sharp, Rasberry. Really nice. I wanted to ask you how you went about producing the top fork sleeves or fork covers.
I bought the mt07 parts just to find out they have rings all over that I dislike very much. I was planning to try and shave the rings with sand paper or something to achieve a flat surface and afterwards spray it black.

Your fork covers seems not to have the rings. How did you manage that? Thanks in advance. Cheers!
They are eBay Chinese Billet Aluminum. (search FZ07 fork tube covers)
They came grey anodized, pretty damn nice for about $30 I think. I powder coated them satin black, and used a thicker o-ring on top from my local parts store. That makes them a very snug fit.
under bridge.jpg

81 - 90 of 90 Posts