XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone from Roanoke Virginia USA...2 years and 10 months ago at age 61 I did the smartest thing I have ever done...right out of the blue I bought my first motorcycle...a 2016 Suzuki tu250x...It's been my only vehicle and I have about 22,000 miles on it. This bike lives outside...covered...it has never failed to start even at 15 degrees...so I'm sticking with the Japanese made bikes and will be getting a 2019 xsr700 early in July...( it beats out the Triumphs)...I love to mod and enjoy the evolution from stock to a true extension of my spirit...and the xsr I believe will be perfect for just that...a 689cc at only 410 lbs...Yamaha reliability...I can't wait. The roads around here are some of the best for bike riding in the universe....and I am a very happy boy. Thanks in advance for any help on future questions.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome, the XSR will definitely be a nice step up from the 250, performance-wise. Congrats on finding such a fun new hobby and joining us 'youngsters' in our passion for 2 wheeled adventures.

·
Super Moderator
762 Posts
Welcome to the forum, rattlehead. It's taken you a while to discover the joy of two wheels but 'better late than never!'

·
Registered
633 Posts
Welcome to the group. Better late than never as the saying goes. I've got eight years on you, just celebrated 69 years with fifty-four on two wheels. It's a great sport just remember, the body takes just a bit longer to repair at our age so be careful and don't let the bad examples get to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts