XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday ride In company of mates on moto guzzi and bmw nav says 200 miles home/ bridgenorth / cross houses / welshpool / telford / home.
100 miles in warm rain bike was excellent and enjoyed every mile.
Bike clicked over 1000 miles on trip on return home used paddock stand in conjunction with my new bobbins far better then balancing bike on a piece of wood.

·
Super Moderator
622 Posts
100 miles in warm rain and enjoyed every mile.
?? Aye, they make 'em tough oop North! Must have been the novelty value of that rain, I guess. Just as well you were on the XSR rather than the Guzzi!

I see it's pelting down right now here in Cornwall....best get my jacket and helmet on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply tigerJohn to be honest I live in the middle of the county. I live and work within a mile of were the Staffordshire hoard was unearthed and I'm reliably informed that you cannot not get further from the sea in any direction. 100 mile minimum to barmouth so when I see you are Cornwall based cannot help but feel a little jealous the Mrs comes from Geordie land and really misses the coast.
The boys on guzzi and Beemer both had shaft drive so less maintenance after the rain but my Yamaha performed faultlessy on wet roads

1 - 3 of 3 Posts