XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if fork sliders specified for the MT07 will fit the XSR700?

I found some sliders that I really like the look of for the MT07 but when I asked the seller if they would fit an XSR700, he said no.

But from my understanding the MT07 and XSR700 share pretty much the same chassis besides fairings and the subframe, no?

If anyone could answer this for me that would be super!

Cheers and happy riding.

(the sliders I'm looking at is the WOMET-TECH Yamaha MT 07 fork sliders.)

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yeah they look identical, I think I might just not take the chance and go for the Evotech front sliders as they look like a combination between the Womettech and R&G sliders. Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look like they'll fit xsr700. Im not aware of any differences in the fork.

Maybe ask seller why he believes they wont fit and/or find out diameter of connecting rod. We can compare against other makes.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322576709390
I asked that same seller if they would fit or not and he claimed they wouldn't, I also asked for the dimensions which he did not give to me.

I can't see why they wouldn't fit as in HD photos of both the MT and XSR, the forks look identical besides the reflectors. But with no secure answer I think I won't take a chance as by the time my XSR is delivered, I wont be able to return them if they're the wrong fit :s Decided to go with Evotechs sliders as I believe they look the cleanest and they do look very close to the Womettech ones

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Makes sense, good choice. I have the Evotech fork sliders. Based on pics I've seen, agree and imo a cleaner look.

That said, I was intrigued by this statement...

"Womet-tech Axle Slider protect elements of a suspension from damages and effectively absorb the impact force. The shape of these elements – developed on the basis of many experiments and tests – reduces the risk of hooking by a fixed obstacle during the motorcycle’s slip"

Doubt much difference to the other brands.

My tip is to use a paint pen or sharpie to black out the branding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Makes sense, good choice. I have the Evotech fork sliders. Based on pics I've seen, agree and imo a cleaner look.

That said, I was intrigued by this statement...

"Womet-tech Axle Slider protect elements of a suspension from damages and effectively absorb the impact force. The shape of these elements – developed on the basis of many experiments and tests – reduces the risk of hooking by a fixed obstacle during the motorcycle’s slip"

Doubt much difference to the other brands.

My tip is to use a paint pen or sharpie to black out the branding.
Does anyone know if fork sliders specified for the MT07 will fit the XSR700?

I found some sliders that I really like the look of for the MT07 but when I asked the seller if they would fit an XSR700, he said no.

But from my understanding the MT07 and XSR700 share pretty much the same chassis besides fairings and the subframe, no?

If anyone could answer this for me that would be super!

Cheers and happy riding.

(the sliders I'm looking at is the WOMET-TECH Yamaha MT 07 fork sliders.)
They are different the R&G forks part number for the XSR700 is FP0184BK the R&G for the MT07 is FP0154BK
For information the R&G rear part number is SS0043BK for the MT07 and XSR700

1 - 7 of 7 Posts