XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I hunted and hunted for months and couldn’t find anything beefy like the JVB gaiters. I finally stopped wasting my time :) and just satisfied my eyes haha. If you’re wanting to black out the upper forks, that’s cheap. It’s just stock parts from old FZ07. Plug n play (after dropping forks).

Jacob
Bike: 2018 XSR700, brushed aluminum
Mods & Gear: cappuccinomoto.com/moto

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just fitted mine, they were from S2 Concepts and cost about €40,-

I guess you could go on Amazon/Ali to get some generic ones, I believe you need a 42mm diameter and you should be fine.

By the way my forks have the optional guard-thingies sticking out of them, your gaiters will not fit over them so the bottom end will be hanging freely. I'm still looking into a solution for that, I don't know if these guards can be removed, they seemed to be sitting pretty snugly around the forks so I didn't try and pry them off.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just fitted mine, they were from S2 Concepts and cost about €40,-

I guess you could go on Amazon/Ali to get some generic ones, I believe you need a 42mm diameter and you should be fine.

By the way my forks have the optional guard-thingies sticking out of them, your gaiters will not fit over them so the bottom end will be hanging freely. I'm still looking into a solution for that, I don't know if these guards can be removed, they seemed to be sitting pretty snugly around the forks so I didn't try and pry them off.
Those are to protect the forks, which your gaiters are doing, so you can pop them off. The Yamaha optional gaiters require removal of the guards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your bike is looking nice, I like the scrambler style it has.

Your forks seem to be all black now, the bottom bit covered by the rubber gaiters and top with metal/plastic cover?
Was this a set sold by FortNine or am I missing something?

Cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.