XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know before it's pointed out :), I'm too lazy to try to find it but anyway can someone tell me where the o rings go when installing the plastic covers on the forks. Top of the covers or bottom. I would have thought they go at the top to stop the ingress of water but I don't know to be honest. Obviously I am talking about the black plastic covers you can buy at partzilla that go nicely with the gaiters.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got around to doing the job of fitting the gaiters and the upper covers. One thing I found that I wasn't comfortable with was when I fitted the wheel back on the spindle didn't line up exactly with the other side (the threaded side obviously) so I had to pull on the fork slightly to line it up. Is this normal. After fitting the spindle I bounced the forks a couple of times before tightening fully as I read to do somewhere.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Do not worry, the fork legs can be twisted independently, also an axle position on different heights can be possible, even knowing to have done everything right.

The long cone on the axle thread's beginning can be used for centering, a slight push with a plastic-faced hammer is okay as well. Screw in the axle and bounce the forks as you did. Then you tighten to the given torque.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts