XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,
Does anyone know of a supplier for the Forest Green for a touch up paint ?
I have a small chip which I would like to touch up but for the life of me I can't find anywhere to purchase a touch up paint
Your help would be appreciated.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

I am new to the forum so please excuse my post if I have posted this in the wrong place
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome, I'm new(ish) too. I had a similar problem looking for Radical White but luckily Yamaha made other bikes in the same colour. Your paint code, in case you didn't know it, is 00MU and has the abbreviation FGE. I searched for other Yams painted that colour and couldn't find any so I went to RS paints and looked through the years for your XSR but RS don't list that colour. Maybe your bike doesn't exist? (j/k) My only suggestion would be to contact RS (it's their suggestion, actually) and ask. Motorcycle & scooter paint - touch up or respray for Honda Yamaha Ducati Kawasaki Triumph BMW Harley Suzuki Aprilia KTM Classic Vintage | RS Bike Paint

Update: the 1993 Yamaha XT600E came in Forest Green - here's the link

You still might want to confirm it is the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. I have asked a few paint companies but there all struggling. I'll try them and see what they say. Strange I thought i would have got to the bottom of this but it's proving to be a quest that may take a while to find the answer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the website please ?
Repaints have added me to their list of customers waiting. They will make the paint up but they require a sample and I don't have spare parts in that colour to send them

·
Super Moderator
892 Posts
Just a thought....Forest Green can't be far off the old 'British Racing Green', which should be widely available. If it's only a small chip, that colour may be close enough - and a lot cheaper than Yamaha's specific colour.
Welcome to the forum, btw!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. So far I'm loving the bike and the community. I don't disagree. I just wanted it to remain perfect. And in addition I notice that it's something that hasn't been sourced. I'll update when I have more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would also be interested.
FYI there was at least one similar thread here with some answers. Not sure how accurate those suggestions are:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,
The previous thread was correct with the paint code. But most paint shops don't work off Hex and RGB codes according to them.
I will update. I'm trying to find a matching paint so will try a few out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you contact RS Paints since they list Forest Green for the Yam XT600E? They sell touch up paint, aerosols and bulk paint plus the lacquer.
I bought their Radical White aerosol (and a lacquer) for an earlier dirtbike model and it matches my 2022 XSR. I'm currently spraying my fender extender.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi,
Yes I spoke with them. They didn't stock the Forest Green. Did a Vin check and then asked if I could send them a part and they will match it. (I'm dont have anything accessories wise to send them)
I checked that colour. It's possible. Google won't give me an exact answer / image to compare. It would make sense that being named the same it would be the same ?
RS paints have put me on list of customers waiting to confirm.
I'm doing some digging in the meantime.
Has anyone else managed to confirm the above re Yam XTE forest green being the same / similar ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I have tried a few different green matches as an alternative to the manufacturer Forest Green.
The colour is basically British racing Green. I went with BMW mini British racing green and used a small test against the tank. I can confirm it's pretty much spot on.
Short of having a paint made up there does not appear to be many more options

1 - 13 of 13 Posts