XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am looking at selling my Dual Pipe Akropovic exhaust. It has done just under 1000miles but I think I am looking for something with a bit more rasp and slightly louder.

The Exhaust is in perfect condition side from a slight scuff in the paintwork on the bottom pipe where one of my housemates knocked it with our bins! (Wasn't best pleased!)

I am open to offers but am looking for somewhere around £860.

Cheers, Joel :)

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi mate,

Have you not considered removing the baffles? Mine sounds great without them, its a world of difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John,

I have thought about it but don't really have the tools to do it myself. Being a student, moving things like drills and stuff becomes a bit cumbersome and space taking year on year! How do you think it changes the sound and was it a pain to do, have heard some have had issues with baffles getting stuck and breaking?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi John,

I have thought about it but don't really have the tools to do it myself. Being a student, moving things like drills and stuff becomes a bit cumbersome and space taking year on year! How do you think it changes the sound and was it a pain to do, have heard some have had issues with baffles getting stuck and breaking?

Cheers :)
I had mine removed at the garage when I was getting a tail tidy made. To be honest if you're not confident in doing it probably best to leave it. My actual exhaust did get damaged when removing the baffle so it can be quite tricky. But it does sound amazing now, it pops on the run down and everyone always says how good it sounds. Not sure my neighbours would agree though!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had mine removed at the garage when I was getting a tail tidy made. To be honest if you're not confident in doing it probably best to leave it. My actual exhaust did get damaged when removing the baffle so it can be quite tricky. But it does sound amazing now, it pops on the run down and everyone always says how good it sounds. Not sure my neighbours would agree though!
Hi John,

I got bored of being a ***** and not wanting to possibly damage anything so went down to the hardware store and bought everything I needed for the job! The worst bit was getting the cans off of the exhaust system (though on second thought, getting them back on might have been worse!). They were a nightmare! Some of the bolts were nigh-impossible to get your hands into, namely the ones between the can and the swing arm which hold both cans together. Getting the baffles out wasn't too bad, I may have drilled a slightly larger hole than was required but i'm not too fussed about that. Plus it allows me to bolt them back in if I feel necessary. Though in the guide on this site, the guy says stick the pipe between your legs, stick the PVC tube in it and whack it with a hammer. I tried that and just couldn't hit it hard enough to have it not slip out! In the end I got my house mate to hold it on the edge of our decking while I gave it a good few very strong hits and eventually, they popped out! All in all, i would consider it a "fairly" painless experience!

Just out of interest, what broke on yours and did your garage replace the parts for you?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi John,

I got bored of being a ***** and not wanting to possibly damage anything so went down to the hardware store and bought everything I needed for the job! The worst bit was getting the cans off of the exhaust system (though on second thought, getting them back on might have been worse!). They were a nightmare! Some of the bolts were nigh-impossible to get your hands into, namely the ones between the can and the swing arm which hold both cans together. Getting the baffles out wasn't too bad, I may have drilled a slightly larger hole than was required but i'm not too fussed about that. Plus it allows me to bolt them back in if I feel necessary. Though in the guide on this site, the guy says stick the pipe between your legs, stick the PVC tube in it and whack it with a hammer. I tried that and just couldn't hit it hard enough to have it not slip out! In the end I got my house mate to hold it on the edge of our decking while I gave it a good few very strong hits and eventually, they popped out! All in all, i would consider it a "fairly" painless experience!

Just out of interest, what broke on yours and did your garage replace the parts for you?
so are you still considering to sell that beast? >:)

I have the same exhaust and ffs I want to remove those baffles so bad, not by myself tbh.. :grin2:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi John,

Good work mate, sounds great doesn't it!

Unfortunately the end cap and internal muffler got damaged. He was going to replace it but was involved in a very serious motorcycle accident around a week after. It was a small independent custom garage and he was the only person who worked there. The poor man ended up losing a limb so no way was I going to chase him to replace an exhaust. It is gutting as the the exhaust was brand new but at some point I will replace the can. I believe you can buy just the top can for £300.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts