XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XSR700, 2009 Yamaha R6
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried several different grounding points as well as hooking the ground wire straight to the battery. Anybody else have issues with connecting to the ecu with the flashtune software?

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you grounded straight to the battery, then ground is not your problem. I would call FT.

It has been awhile, but I remember the install and connecting to the software being pretty straight forward. Hopefully they can help you diagnose your problem.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, FT is having server issues and calls are swamped. It is straight forward. Did this for my R6 a few years back and was a breeze . Was really hoping there was a major gotcha with the setup to make for an easy fix.... would have been nice lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The contact for the yellow wire was not fully seated in the harness. It actually was a bit mis-shapen from how the wire was crimped and took a little work to get it all the way in.
Flashed successful.
I used the PCV full akra with dna intake map from the power commander website but still have some popping on deceleration and it seems to be running hot. I set the fan temps to kick on at 185f. Anybody else run into this or care to share what map they used?
I have the akra ti race with carbon fiber tip. The baffle was removed, cut the pipes off, then reinstalled. I also have the mwr filter and lid combo (similar to dna filter/lid combo.)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Glad you got that sorted. I have the Akra Ti, baffle installed, and DNA filter/lid. I think I used the same tune as you, but I have no popping on decel (just an awesome gurgling noise).

I do recall that there was a 5 or 10 degree delta from the temp that I told the fan to come on, and when it actually did, so I just moved the on off temps down by that delta and reflashed. Problem solved.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you modify the baffle at all? How does the setup feel compared to stock? I may buy a new baffle and put it back in

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did not modify my baffle. I did the exhaust and tune at the same time, and am pleased with the results. It is smooth and a noticable torque increase, nothing crazy, but noticable.

I did try a different map that I was not happy with at all, there was a flat spot in the power curve right around 3.5k rpm. The PCV Akra/DNA tune seems good everywhere.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Akra Ti:
So I've played with baffle in, baffle with holes, cut off baffle, cut off baffle with additional holes in the face of it.... and ended up buying a new baffle. The new one actually does not fit like the original. The 2 pipes on the baffle are about a half inch short from fitting over the internal pipes. Sounds decent like this.
Anyway.
I bought the Flashtune activetune O2 sensor and spent the day running/saving/tweeking maps. The bike seems to be running much better, as well as cooler. Mods are MWR filter, lid, and akra ti carbon exhaust. Has anyone been able to prevent the active tune from making changes below say, 2000rpm, so that it runs smoother at idle?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts