XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take it quite a few of you have taken your bike in for its 600 mile first service.

Can any of you tell me how much you were charged my dealer is quoting £120 which I think is a bit much for what is basically an oil change!

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Same price i paid, wasn't too happy about it either. I would have expected it in the initial cost of the purchase price as the oil has to be changed as it's 'supposedly thinner oil for the running in process... so not like you've a choice warranty wise...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh I was a bit shocked to be honest!

My previous bike was £20 for the first service!.

I suppose the good thing is pretty good service intervals from then on isnt it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I paid £130 at SMC Bikes in Sheffield. I was a bit shocked as well to see that price. But this is my first bike so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Due to my busy schedule and trying to book the bike in, it had its first service at 806 miles. Oops! Not bad to say I have only had the bike a month and it's not my primary mode of transport.

·
Super Moderator
870 Posts
I paid £120. It's a lot to pay for what is basically and oil + filter change but I reckon it was worth it for warranty peace of mind as the first service is pretty crucial. I can't see a warranty claim succeeding if the first service hasn't been properly stamped by a dealer. I'll be doing future services myself, though. Hopefully, the XSR/MT-07 family are pretty reliable so warranty claims won't be an issue!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Did the first service today, total cost 1726 SEK (aprox 177 EUR). I attached a picture of the invoice if anybody want to compare cost of parts/labour. The prices are in SEK (Swedish Crowns)

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
My first service came in at £175... I need to book her in for her second now too, though I'm over the mileage again!

What's the risk of switching to self-service (other than warranty claims)?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.