XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does look good...how does this compare sound wise to the titanium akra???...any difference...now watch this firetong in a mt07 what do you think
Cause im thinking of getting a firetong just to piss the neighbour off.https://youtu.be/9Sk7OjQiX4Y
The dual pipe sounds great, its not as loud as the MT07's however it is loud enough to piss people around you.

And yes, firetong will give my neighbours heartattack... >:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very NICE!!!! :grin2:
I have the same exhaust. Is easy to remove the db Killers?
Cheers buddy.

No actually not. DB killers are welded together so you will have to chop them out. But yes you can put them back with a small nut and bolt.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Very nice, and good video! Did yamaha really say that the titanium exhaust isn't recommended by yamaha? A bit strange that yamaha has the titanium one on their website here in Norway. I guess Yamaha can't agree with themselves.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
It does look good...how does this compare sound wise to the titanium akra???...any difference...now watch this firetong in a mt07 what do you think
Cause im thinking of getting a firetong just to piss the neighbour off.https://youtu.be/9Sk7OjQiX4Y
Sounds like my SP engineering exhaust:grin2:

Reactions: Xsr

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice, and good video! Did yamaha really say that the titanium exhaust isn't recommended by yamaha? A bit strange that yamaha has the titanium one on their website here in Norway. I guess Yamaha can't agree with themselves.
Thats what they mentioned. A bit strange.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have just ordered this without the catalytic converter
Do you have the cat fitted when the video was shot?
And if not has removing the DB killers / baffles affected power, or put any fault lights up?
Hi mate,

I also have the Akra twin pipe so I can help with a couple of your points. I don't have the cat with my exhaust. Removing the baffles completely transformed the sound, I love it. I didn't notice any issues with power and no faults show up. The only issue is you will use more fuel as you will want to hear the exhaust roar!

Just be careful when removing the baffles. One of my cans got damaged removing the baffle, they are only spot welded but wedged in super tight so be really careful. A new top can is £315 so not exactly cheap.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks John 876.
i got onto the company that is supplying the Exhaust system asking if I could have a bit of discount on the cat based on the fact I had spent just short of £800.
Got a result as they knocked £30 off the pipe & £30 off the cat.
Not sure if the cat reduces the sound by much, so will have to try a few permutations.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts