XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I am approaching my one year anniversary and am getting bombarded with offers from Yamaha to extend my warranty. I have worked on bikes and cars and … all my life so I know my way around an engine. I have not had any problems with my XSR to date and have not heard of others with major problems, so my obvious question is: should I bite and get the extended warranty? Any thoughts from those with a longer history than mine would be appreciated, including major issues experienced. Thank you in advance for your comments.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Extended warranties do one thing, they make money for the people who sell them. Harley has offered a 2 year warranty for years and now Royal Enfield has a 3 year I believe plus road service. Now if they can offer an original warranty like that and not go broke don't you think that Yamaha could do the same? No, they give you a one year original warranty then try to sell you an extension they're pretty sure you'll never use or that they never have to pay out for it. The only way I'd buy a warranty extension would be for a product that was so new that it hadn't been proven or there was a history that made it sound like a good idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts