XSR 700 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
No that link just refers to paying duty on items from outside eu or paying duty on items from the eu and uk importing into northern ireland. watchout for people like fedex charging their own customs clearance fees. when you buy the exhaust if theres no conditions to pay anything else but vat and the cost of the exhaust itself then that is all you should pay, people like fedex like putting their own 12 quid on there. just refuse to pay and ask for amended invoice from them.
Already had FedEx try that on me last Summer. £25 charge for a £50 computer part. It was a good try.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I should probably provide an update on what exhaust I went with in the end.
I balked at the import duty prices for both the Arrow and the SC Project. They seemed way too over-priced.
In the end, I went with the Black Widow and I am so glad I did. It is amazing! It's not too loud at all, just enough to let peds know I'm there. It also looks fantastic on the bike. The steelwork is sublime and the carbon tip, just perfect. For the price, it is unbeatable. Less than half the price of the Arrow and SC Project, lighter, and the extra 3-4bhp is nice too. I also wanted to buy British, and I'm so happy I made the best choice. I had it fitted from new by the dealer, so the stock hasn't had a puff of air through it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Jepp, if you believe strong enough, things will come true, @jimjamz , 3-4 bhp more...

Anyhow, for a 370 EUR exhaust, even this is a lot of money, no cat., very simple built, if I would go for such an average exhaust, a China Cracker would do the same job, for half the money. Hope you will still like your black widow after a day of riding.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Jepp, if you believe strong enough, things will come true, @jimjamz , 3-4 bhp more...

Anyhow, for a 370 EUR exhaust, even this is a lot of money, no cat., very simple built, if I would go for such an average exhaust, a China Cracker would do the same job, for half the money. Hope you will still like your black widow after a day of riding.

To add my 2 cents,

I ended up risking it all and going for the cheap Chinese akrapovic knock off. 500 miles done with it and im over the moon.
no issues whatsoever, i probably couldn't even tell you the difference between the noises of the two different brands either.

with the baffle out it is very ASBO but is funny for the odd occasion.

it cost me 130 quid and im honestly blown away that it only cost me that.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts