XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I was wondering if any mt-07 exhaust will fit on my 2018 xsr700? I was also wondering what your opinions are on the cheaper ebay exhausts? I am not racing and would like to replace the exhaust for sound, ascetics and to reduce some weight. Here are some options I am considering

1. Motorcycle Full System For Yamaha MT-07 FZ-07 14-19 XSR700 Exhaust Muffler Pipe | eBay

2. Full Exhaust System Front Pipe Muffler for Yamaha MT07 FZ07 XSR700 2014-2020 | eBay

3. Exhaust muffler HP3 + MANIFOLD DOMINATOR XSR700 XSR 700 15-18 + DB KILLER | eBay

4. GPR Exhaust Yamaha XSR700 2016-2020 Homolog Full Line SatInox | eBay

Another option but more expensive would be:

Would I be better off to save up and get this one over the other options?

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha XSR 700
19 Posts
I recently replaced my exhaust, and I feel fairly confident in saying you should be able to use any MT-07 exhaust. It's only attached to the bike at the engine and by a bolt behind the right hand peg/brake assembly. Afaik, there's no structural difference to the underbody, and certainly none on the engine, so it should be fine.

As for cheaper eBay exhausts, I haven't tried one, so I don't really know, but I'm generally weary of anything that's so cheap it feels too good to be true. You might want to check the legality on some of those too - Three of them certainly don't look as if they have a catalytic converter, and after skimming the fourth one, it seems like that's an add on for that one too. I don't know how strict they are with that sort of thing in Canada, but I imagine you'd have to add that for inspections, or go through the hassle of putting the stock exhaust back on when you bring it in...

I can also point out that a new exhaust will change the airflow in the engine, and many exhausts could lead to poor performance if you don't remap the ECU. This doesn't apply to all exhausts, at least not in a meaningful way, but you should research whether any of those will be an issue.

While you're still shopping around, I got a LeoVince LV One Evo, and I can totally recommend that. Deep growling sound without being -too- loud, and it's got a nice reserved styling to it that I really think fits the bike.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll say give it a shot to one of those ebay exhausts... If i were you i wouldn't be spending more than 350-400 from an ebay exhaust.. i saw all the links you posted and one thing for sure i was able to notice is the weld quality, because let's be honest, most of those exhausts are straight pipes with a nice looking muffler. So I'll be more worried about the welds holding up over time than performance itself... I got a Hindle Evo Megaphone on mines and it's really good and has a sound I've never heard on a aftermarket cp2 engine exhaust (sounds like a straight piped V8 carburated engine 🤣) . i have a clip on one of my posts or you can look it up on YouTube i have a video posted there also.. it's around the 550$ mark. So it's still affordable.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a Leo Vince that I found on eBay for somewhere around $550 shipped to my door; I am very happy with it - a nice quality pipe that fit great and works well. 2 Db killers - so you can tune the sound, I have had the bike on the dyno to get a base run with the "can" Db killer left in (pipe junction Db killer removed) and the bike fuels great. Pipe sounds perfect for what I wanted - personality without being overly obnoxious.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I recently replaced my exhaust, and I feel fairly confident in saying you should be able to use any MT-07 exhaust. It's only attached to the bike at the engine and by a bolt behind the right hand peg/brake assembly. Afaik, there's no structural difference to the underbody, and certainly none on the engine, so it should be fine.

As for cheaper eBay exhausts, I haven't tried one, so I don't really know, but I'm generally weary of anything that's so cheap it feels too good to be true. You might want to check the legality on some of those too - Three of them certainly don't look as if they have a catalytic converter, and after skimming the fourth one, it seems like that's an add on for that one too. I don't know how strict they are with that sort of thing in Canada, but I imagine you'd have to add that for inspections, or go through the hassle of putting the stock exhaust back on when you bring it in...

I can also point out that a new exhaust will change the airflow in the engine, and many exhausts could lead to poor performance if you don't remap the ECU. This doesn't apply to all exhausts, at least not in a meaningful way, but you should research whether any of those will be an issue.

While you're still shopping around, I got a LeoVince LV One Evo, and I can totally recommend that. Deep growling sound without being -too- loud, and it's got a nice reserved styling to it that I really think fits the bike.
I was looking into getting the Leovince lv one. how are you liking it?

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha XSR 700
19 Posts
I was looking into getting the Leovince lv one. how are you liking it?
I'm thrilled with it, I feel like it completely transformed the bike! The sound fits the looks now, and I'm really happy my bike doesn't have a huge tumor on its belly anymore :D
Assembly was pretty easy too - there's four bolts at the engine, three in the back, and then a few springs to pull into place. It was my first time mounting a new exhaust and once I got the stock one off, I took care of it in... probably less than two hours. Most of that time was spent just trying to find the right tools and figuring out the orientation of the pipes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Leo Vince that I found on eBay for somewhere around $550 shipped to my door; I am very happy with it - a nice quality pipe that fit great and works well. 2 Db killers - so you can tune the sound, I have had the bike on the dyno to get a base run with the "can" Db killer left in (pipe junction Db killer removed) and the bike fuels great. Pipe sounds perfect for what I wanted - personality without being overly obnoxious.
Did you get the ECU reset? Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Did you get the ECU reset? Thanks
I did not at first, with the muffler can DB in and the junction DB out it ran great - that said, I then opened up the air box with a DNA cover and put it on a dyno and dialed it in. I did not increase top end HP, but the rideability and fueling was improved considerably. Bike runs PERFECT and as a result of the dyno work makes about 10HP roughly a 1000RPM's sooner - it transformed the bike in real world riding situations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did not at first, with the muffler can DB in and the junction DB out it ran great - that said, I then opened up the air box with a DNA cover and put it on a dyno and dialed it in. I did not increase top end HP, but the rideability and fueling was improved considerably. Bike runs PERFECT and as a result of the dyno work makes about 10HP roughly a 1000RPM's sooner - it transformed the bike in real world riding situations.
Yeah i bet it does, certainly would for me considering how often i would short shift commuting. Thanks for the info Renzo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts