XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve seen a lot of videos of people drilling holes in the end of the exhaust box where it meets the outlet.

Is this safe to do ? Any regrets from people who have done this ?

Cheers !

·
Registered
349 Posts
Probably no risk, except if you don't like the results. Probably blow carbon black all over inside the can cover where the exhaust hits and heat up the can cover. If hot enough you may melt your heels on the can if you have your shoe touch back there, as I seem to do. Kind of a mickey mouse method to get more noise. You can get a full exhaust for around $400 usd from Delkevic in the U.S. not sure if it is less since I believe it is made in the U.K.

One thing that actually did interest me, but I won't do... cut out the smaller outlet and put in a larger diameter one, still exiting out where it should.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably no risk, except if you don't like the results. Probably blow carbon black all over inside the can cover where the exhaust hits and heat up the can cover. If hot enough you may melt your heels on the can if you have your shoe touch back there, as I seem to do. Kind of a mickey mouse method to get more noise. You can get a full exhaust for around $400 usd from Delkevic in the U.S. not sure if it is less since I believe it is made in the U.K.

One thing that actually did interest me, but I won't do... cut out the smaller outlet and put in a larger diameter one, still exiting out where it should.
Cheers for the info mate ! Will probably give it a go for giggles before I get a new exhaust.. I’ll drop an update on the results

·
Registered
425 Posts
It will probably increase the sound (noise) out of the muffler but I doubt you'll see any performance gains. I'd keep the original stock system and put on one from a company that knows exhaust systems and what works and what doesn't. If you run into trouble with a new exhaust you can always revert to stock or maybe sell it to someone who needs to get back to stock for resale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts