XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a long shot before I splash out on a new one.
But is anyone selling or planning on selling in the near future, an Evotech Tail Tidy for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks jphoman.
Im in no rush right now as its not nice riding weather hear in the UK right now.
Quick question.... what is that black thing top right of your licence plate? some kind of extra lighting for your plate maybe?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks jphoman.

Im in no rush right now as its not nice riding weather hear in the UK right now.

Quick question.... what is that black thing top right of your licence plate? some kind of extra lighting for your plate maybe?

Yep. It’s apart of the evotech assembly. A license plate light.

Just to make sure: Red arrow is license plate light. Green arrow is turn signal.

Jacob
Bike: 2018 XSR700, brushed aluminum
Mods & Gear: cappuccinomoto.com/moto

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think hes on about between the 2, in the second pic it becomes obvious there is 1 either top corner of your number plate, probably mounting screws holding it to the tail tidy, but it did look like one of the led illuminated plate bolts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes jibber your correct.
They look like they have wires coming out of the back, on first photo.
My bad, and you're both correct. It's the plastic screw/fasteners that come with the Evotech assembly. They have black and yellow ones.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have one, brand new in the box, I decided to go with the Brogue one instead. But you’re in the UK, which is why I didn’t ship it back to Evotech...shipping is outrageous!! Sorry, bro... Instagram @wtfastalfa

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep. It’s apart of the evotech assembly. A license plate light.

Just to make sure: Red arrow is license plate light. Green arrow is turn signal.

Jacob
Bike: 2018 XSR700, brushed aluminum
Mods & Gear: cappuccinomoto.com/moto
Hey Jacob,

i just installed the tail tidy. How do you find number plate bracket arms? They seem like they won’t stay in place after a bit of vibration. Did you tweak anything? Cheers

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hey Jacob,

i just installed the tail tidy. How do you find number plate bracket arms? They seem like they won’t stay in place after a bit of vibration. Did you tweak anything? Cheers
I can speak to that! Mine came off! Had to get replacement parts from Evotech and find my mangled plate down the road. But it was my fault. The yellow screws and black nuts that come with the assembly would probably be fine, but I substituted with something not as good but looked better. Moral of the story is I next time I also used the zip strips that came with it and the yellow screws, and maybe I'm just shaken now but I also used a larger zip strip of my own horizontally through both brackets. It still looks fine, and I got some nice anodized black license plate screws from TST just for plate, and they have metal and plastic locking nuts. Been on 4 rides since 100 miles total high speed bumps lots of vibration and see no movement in the screws or nuts and of course none in the zip strips.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts