XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I got a deal on a used Evotech tail tidy but unfortunately it came without most of the mounting hardware. The seller is of course not responding, and when they do they may not have kept the mounting hardware themselves. The screws and bolts I can replace at the hardware store, but the two plastic spacers used in step 18 of the mounting instructions don't have any details that I can use to replace them. If anyone has this kit could you let me know the inner and outer diameters as well as the width?

Here is what is missing, with the tally marks counting how many I still need
Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 12.11.06 PM.png

·
Registered
320 Posts
If you not are in a hurry maybe i can check that in the winter.
Im going to paint my rear fender and change both the rear light and the turn signals.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If anyone has this kit could you let me know the inner and outer diameters as well as the width?
Major_Tom,

I just installed this Monday so it was super simple for me to remove a couple screws and measure this.

Looks like the spacer is Nylon or maybe something slightly more dense. 26mm OD, 6.5mm ID, 8mm thickness.

The screws that go through this spacer have an OD of 5.8mm, so a spacer with a 1/4" ID and 1" OD, 5/16" thick and you'll be spot on, but I think you could go as small as 3/4" OD and be fine, based on what it's doing.

Cheers,
Aaron

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Major_Tom,

I just installed this Monday so it was super simple for me to remove a couple screws and measure this.

Looks like the spacer is Nylon or maybe something slightly more dense. 26mm OD, 6.5mm ID, 8mm thickness.

The screws that go through this spacer have an OD of 5.8mm, so a spacer with a 1/4" ID and 1" OD, 5/16" thick and you'll be spot on, but I think you could go as small as 3/4" OD and be fine, based on what it's doing.

Cheers,
Aaron
it goes on top of the fender... what is it doing?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did... why?
I ended up buying an Evotech radiator guard from him and had a less than ideal experience.

We negotiated and ended up agreeing on a price + a prepaid shipping label. He accepted then charged me for shipping as "handling fees" which ultimately brought the cost up to what he initially wanted. It sucked but I ended up moving forward because the auction had already ended. He then sat on the item for a week saying it was shipped even though the tracking info said otherwise. I had to follow up multiple times before he actually dropped it off.

I actually considered buying the tail tidy before things went downhill, I'm glad I didn't because seems like a shitty person. It looks like he's a member on here as well..

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up buying an Evotech radiator guard from him and had a less than ideal experience.

We negotiated and ended up agreeing on a price + a prepaid shipping label. He accepted then charged me for shipping as "handling fees" which ultimately brought the cost up to what he initially wanted. It sucked but I ended up moving forward because the auction had already ended. He then sat on the item for a week saying it was shipped even though the tracking info said otherwise. I had to follow up multiple times before he actually dropped it off.

I actually considered buying the tail tidy before things went downhill, I'm glad I didn't because seems like a shitty person. It looks like he's a member on here as well..
I didn't notice that it was the same person as on this forum. I actually tried to buy from him here but shopped around and I guess fell on his ebay post. I actually had the opposite experience regarding shipping as with shipping it actually came out to the same price as we had agreed upon here, but he only charged my card for the parts and I guess I got the shipping for free, so net $20 off asking for me. This was for both tail tidy and headlight guard, both of which arrived in good condition. He actually just replied on ebay asking what pieces were missing, but in the meantime I got it installed with a jar of elbow grease from the hardware store. We will see if he does send me the original hardware.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I didn't notice that it was the same person as on this forum. I actually tried to buy from him here but shopped around and I guess fell on his ebay post. I actually had the opposite experience regarding shipping as with shipping it actually came out to the same price as we had agreed upon here, but he only charged my card for the parts and I guess I got the shipping for free, so net $20 off asking for me. This was for both tail tidy and headlight guard, both of which arrived in good condition. He actually just replied on ebay asking what pieces were missing, but in the meantime I got it installed with a jar of elbow grease from the hardware store. We will see if he does send me the original hardware.
Glad it worked out for you! Post up some pics when you're done

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad it worked out for you! Post up some pics when you're done
Here's a pic i put in my bike's main thread

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts