XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my used Evotech folding clutch and brake lever set in with black adjusters. They have near 7.000km use. I'm selling them because these are not road legal in Germany. I will ship the levers at the buyer's cost.

Price: 50€

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Out of curiosity, what makes levers road legal in Germany?
For context, some bolt-on accessories among other things, need to fulfill some legal requirements in accordance with the Road Traffic Act (StVO.) Often if not always (not sure!) legal accessories are pre-certified by the TÜV, and are sold with a so called ABE document. You will typically also find a KBxxxx number printed on them analogue to the E-number you find in mirrors, lights, exhausts and reflectors that are certified for all EU countries. But the KB as far as I know is a German thing.

A general operating license, ABE, is a necessary component in the modification of safety-related components or modifications. In particular, alterations that change or interfere with driving behaviour, and changes to the motorcycle body, need a TÜV parts certificate or an ABE. If you do change your bike significantly with components that have not been pre-certified, you still have the option at your TÜV test to apply to register your alterations retroactively. This should if possible be done promptly after the work is done, as otherwise there is the chance of losing the vehicle operating license (what allow it to be driven on the public roads) and therefore your insurance coverage.
If you are stopped by police on the road in Germany in this situation you are going home without your bike.
If any of the German members find any of this to be incorrect, I welcome the education.

The levers are deemed critical components. A poor quality metals or poor manufacturing process can lead to a poor quality lever that can break during eg emergency breaking and ultimately result in an accident that could be avoid if the lever worked properly. For example, there are some Chinese products sold and used in Germany that have poor quality and break over heavy but reasonable pressure.

I trust the Evotech would pass a TÜV certification. They feel actually better (heavier and solid) than the ones I have now installed that were made in Germany and have a ABE. I'm not German and when I bought the Evotech I didn't research the topic before hand.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bonjour

Sind sie mit dem xsr700 compatible?

kein Adapter notig?

Nur zum reiten ?

wieviel mit versand?

herzlich
Yes, the levels are compatible with the xsr 700. The website states that the levers are compatible with models from 2016. I had these levers mounted on my XSR 700 from 2018.

You don't needs additional adapters. It is "plug und play". You can reuse the screws and guides from the original levers.

The price inclusive shipping to France is 58,90€ WITHOUT tracking number nor insurance.
The price inclusive shipping to France is 64€ WITH tracking number and insurance.

----

Oui, les niveaux sont compatibles avec le xsr 700. Le site internet indique que les leviers sont compatibles avec les modèles à partir de 2016. J'ai fait monter ces leviers sur mon XSR 700 de 2018.

Vous n'avez pas besoin d'adaptateurs supplémentaires. C'est "plug und play". Vous pouvez réutiliser les vis et les guides des leviers d'origine.

Le prix TTC de la livraison en France est de 58,90€ SANS numéro de suivi ni assurance.
Le prix de la livraison en France est de 64€ AVEC numéro de suivi et assurance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts