XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Glad it's not just me that finds all the different sizes of allen keys required a pain. Top tip, get yourself a decent set as the ones in the toolkit on the bike will end up rounding the heads out as they are made of cheese.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad it's not just me that finds all the different sizes of allen keys required a pain. Top tip, get yourself a decent set as the ones in the toolkit on the bike will end up rounding the heads out as they are made of cheese.
Haha. Actually they have already damaged a few heads already. Now they are in for good.:frown2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great video by the way, really helpful. It looks so so much better. One quick question - what size number plate works best with this tail tidy?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi

I've got the evotech - plate size I run is 8x6 which still looks legal but small enough to also 'fit' the rear. I did have a 7x5 but it just looked way too small - and am sure it would attract Mr Plod!

I had a side bag but after removing this and the rack I relocated the indicators under the tail - in my opinion this is the neater look rather than having the indicators mounted with the number plate

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello guys.. I will use this post to make a question, i installed my evotech today and the seat is moving a bit up and down, i dont remenber the seat to do that with the stock tail... For those who installed the evotech Tail, is that normal????

Video...

https://youtu.be/weJaqmLf_WA

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Lisbonmekat,

Mine does that too ans I don't have this Evotech tail tidy installed, but another model (S2 Concept). I'm wondering if it has been moving like that since I got the bike or not!

Any answer from other owners would we appreciated!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys - my seats (I have the single and the standard) do not move after fitting the Evo-Tech tail tidy. And didn't move beforehand either. Its sometimes tricky to locate the seat catch but once its located both seats are firmly fitted. FYI - I have 1k miles on the odo' and swap the seats regularly. Hope that info helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
Thanks for the great video!
Did anyone installed the EVO TECH Tail Tidy with the Akrapovic High-mounted Exhaust System? Are the flashers far enough from the exhaust exit?
As far as the seat "moving a bit up and down" I have the stock tail and it is (unfortunately) moving up and down from day one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts