XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there! I've had my XSR700 Anniversary Edition for one year now and while I love it, I am ready for a little bit of tweaking. Would anybody have a recommendation for ECU flashing in the London area (or ECU flashing via mail in the UK, assuming that is a reasonable thing to do?).
I'm swapping the standard exhaust for a Black Widow one and while I am at it I would also like to flash the ECU to take care of jerky throttle response and heavy engine braking plus make sure it runs OK with the new exhaust.
Thanks!
Riccardo

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Riccardo,

I contacted this company when I still had my bike - you need to post your ECU and tell them what parts you have.

If you are in London, I am selling a tail tidy and ported & polished heads!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Riccardo,

I contacted this company when I still had my bike - you need to post your ECU and tell them what parts you have.

If you are in London, I am selling a tail tidy and ported & polished heads!

Thanks Vincent, I'll check them out. Not interested in tail tidy and heads unfortunately. Did you install a DNA air filter on yours?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks Vincent, I'll check them out. Not interested in tail tidy and heads unfortunately. Did you install a DNA air filter on yours?
I had the DNA stage 2 filter and I would highly recommend it.
My throttle cable also had a bit of slack so tightening that + the DNA stage 2 made a world of difference.

The noise / grunt was more better, so much so that I ended up never fitting the full exhaust I had purchased for it.

The bike was extremely small / compact so I didn't enjoy riding it (it's really made for people under 5ft8 IMO) - if I had kept it, I would have just changed the rear sprocket to a 45t to get more acceleration.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the DNA stage 2 filter and I would highly recommend it.
My throttle cable also had a bit of slack so tightening that + the DNA stage 2 made a world of difference.

The noise / grunt was more better, so much so that I ended up never fitting the full exhaust I had purchased for it.

The bike was extremely small / compact so I didn't enjoy riding it (it's really made for people under 5ft8 IMO) - if I had kept it, I would have just changed the rear sprocket to a 45t to get more acceleration.
Interesting, thanks Vincent. I've sent the ECU to Wiz Performance and on Friday I will install the Black Widow exhaust + replace the snorkel with the high performance cover Wiz Performance sells (but keeping the stock filter). I will report back, hopefully before the neighbours will report me to the police!

·
Registered
411 Posts
[..]replace the snorkel with the high performance cover Wiz Performance sells (but keeping the stock filter). I will report back, hopefully before the neighbours will report me to the police!
Is there a link or a picture of that high performance cover?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a link or a picture of that high performance cover?
It's here
It replaces the snorkel, number 12 in this diagram

BTW, big endorsement of David at Wiz Performance! ECU flashing process was super-smooth and fast. The bike works great with new exhaust / high performance air box cover / flashed ECU. Much smoother throttle, beefier mid-range, no popping when decelerating. Recommended!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another quick post to mention that I LOVE the sound of the Black Widow exhaust with 200mm silencer. It looks great too and it is probably the main reason behind the much beefier midrange. It greatly improves the character of the bike IMO and puts a huge smile on my face.
I run it with the baffle in; not neighbours' friendly but no evil stares from pedestrians so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts