XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

So after replacing the stock exhaust with the akro duel exhaust and removing the baffles. I am in the future, looking at cutting the snorkel off the air intake and replacing the air filter. However all this is only going to make the bike run even leaner, and they already have a lean spot due to emmision tests from the factory.

So have any of you guys bought a power commander or flashed the ECU or have you guys just left the bikes factory exhaust sensor to do all the work? I hear a power commander is limited in what it can do in comparison to flashing the ECU.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the PC, and I got my bike dyno'd to a custom map. I got the Akra low carbon pipe, plus the K&N air filter.

It was like night and day. I know people rave on about it but it truly is remarkable. On top of that, I just got the R6 throttle, which is the cheapest mod, but I'd argue the best mod other than the PC.

Having the immense torque and power with less wrist twist makes so much of a difference, I recommend it.

As for ECU, I haven't done it, and perhaps I would have, but there was no garage near me. Furthermore, should I ever sell this bike, I would just take this PC V with me, so I consider it an investment.

TAKE THE JUMP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts