XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XSR700 (YPVS style)
92 Posts
Anyone got any good solutions to putting battery on a tender? Don't really to have to keep taking off the tool and seat bracket just to out it on.
I use and would recommend an Optimate. I use these for all of my bikes and they each have an Optimate O1 SAE Weatherproof Eyelet Lead permanently attached to the battery (a 30 minute job on the XSR) and accessible without removing the seat once fitted.

Font Material property Audio equipment Auto part Technology

·
Registered
771 Posts
Dealership put a battery tender pigtail on my XSR before I got it, apparently an automatic thing for them. I just plug into the pigtail to charge. I added one to my KLX250 to make it easy too.

Oh... I forgot, I added one to my Cub Cadet riding mower too.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Interesting. Need to read up fully but may well go for this. It appears you can tie everything to ignition on?
Yes, two ways to set it up. One is "automatic" where it only turns accessories on when it detects the engine running. During set up there is a learn process for that. Or, you connect one white wire to a switched circuit on the bike and it powers when the ignition is on, or key on to accessories. I connected the white wire to the OEM connector behind the rectifier, which worked perfectly. I only did that because sometimes I like to work with my GPS with the engine off.

In normal operation you key off and about 30 seconds later all the TB stuff shuts off. Similar to how BMW and others do their factory accessories. The TB was super easy to install, no fuses, and super easy to add things or change them w/o tools. I've used many other aux fuseblock devices and I surprised myself by liking this best out of all the ones I've used. Shipped very fast from Healtech too, international package w/o out duty or issues. (motorcycle parts are duty free into the US)

·
Registered
315 Posts
The TB-U01 is the 4 inputs?
Yes. U01 has 4 inputs and U02 has 8. The connector boxes are 5 port for 12V and Gnd, one port on each us used for power from the TB or Gnd, so leaves the other 4 ports open for your items. The U01 has two of these 5 port blocks, one for 12V and one for Gnd. The U02 had four of the port blocks, two for 12V and two for Gnd.

edit - If you had even more than that, you could double up on very small draw devices like USB ports, GPS, etc. And put multiple wires in one port on the TB.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have no problem using my Battery Tender with this:

The dealership had stuck one on my XSR when I got it. Comes out on the right side rear loop zip tied in place, Plugs into the Battery Tender easily. Under $10.00 usd on ebay, through Revzilla, or on Amazon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts