XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't think I would need a dust cover just yet. But being a bit stupid over the weekend, I broke my big toe so, I wont be riding for at least 6 weeks.
Went into garage today and noticed my bike was covered in a layer of dust, so I best get a dust cover to protect it from all the crap that gets blown about in the garage, looking on google at sportsbikeshop are doing oxford covers for £19.99. My question is has anyone got one, and if so what size did you get.
or can anyone recommend other makes and sizes.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
My son bought me an Oxford Aquatex cover (large) purely for in the garage though...and it's great, no issues at all.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My son bought me an Oxford Aquatex cover (large) purely for in the garage though...and it's great, no issues at all.
Thanks Yamaboy.
Is it a nice tight fit or a bit on the baggy side, could I go a size smaller so its more tailored if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi

I use an Oxford indoor dust cover in a size medium. It stretches perfectly BUT..I've got bar end mirrors on my bike. If you have the standard mirrors I think the medium would struggle ok

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Thanks Yamaboy.
Is it a nice tight fit or a bit on the baggy side, could I go a size smaller so its more tailored if you know what I mean.
It's a good fit, wouldn't say it's baggy, but then it's not tight either:laugh: I'll try and get a pic of it tonight and post it up later.

@ Guysal -Mines got bar end mirrors too, maybe because mines the Aquatex and meant for outside it may be a slightly different fitment.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
My bad tabspeed, just checked and it's a medium one....229cm x 99cm x 125cm

Bar end mirrors but standard rear ie. no tail tidy.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi

Here's a pic with the medium cover for an idea of fit ok

Can never get the bloomin' photo the right way up!

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Forgot to add - mines also got the evotech plate holder fitted ok!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts