XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked loads of times. Please point me to the right thread if so.

So is it nuts to put 50/50 tires such as the TKC-80s on this bike? Not trying to make a dirt bike out of it, it’s just that 90% of the roads around me are gravel. Gravel roads laid out in perfect checker board fashion. I have to travel 300 miles to get to paved curved hilly roads. I’m only getting older waiting for the T700 and I want to stick with Yamaha. Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've been taking mine on stock rubber on some beautifully gnarly gravel and dirt roads around me, the rear wheel likes to kick out but the front has stayed true so far. I may go for a 70/30 tire at some point but the xsr has good ground clearance and is very maneuverable. :grin2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just mentioned it in another thread, but I've been using the Pirelli MT60RS for the past year. Works well on both paved and unpaved roads, and I really have no complaint about them. That being said, I'm considering going for the Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR tyres next for some extra grip on the gravel roads - I really can't stay away from gravel...

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just mentioned it in another thread, but I've been using the Pirelli MT60RS for the past year. Works well on both paved and unpaved roads, and I really have no complaint about them. That being said, I'm considering going for the Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR tyres next for some extra grip on the gravel roads - I really can't stay away from gravel...
I have the Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR, I will let you know how they are when I get them mounted. :nerd:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR, I will let you know how they are when I get them mounted. :nerd:
Got them mounted yet?

I finally got them put on my bike last week, and I'm loving them so far. I went down a size both front and back, so the bike has become even more agile, while providing some extra grip on gravel.

They do look better on the bike than expected too, though for me looks is secondary to function when it comes to tyres.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR, I will let you know how they are when I get them mounted. /forum/images/XSR700Forums/smilies/tango_face_glasses.png
Got them mounted yet?

I finally got them put on my bike last week, and I'm loving them so far. I went down a size both front and back, so the bike has become even more agile, while providing some extra grip on gravel.

They do look better on the bike than expected too, though for me looks is secondary to function when it comes to tyres.

I did! All I can say so far tho is that they are excellent on the street. With classes I havent had time to test them properly on dirt or gravel, but soon I am planning to redo the ATV trail that cracked my sump cover last year. Hopefully I will be able to get the most of my upgrades and snap a few pics on the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did! All I can say so far tho is that they are excellent on the street. With classes I havent had time to test them properly on dirt or gravel, but soon I am planning to redo the ATV trail that cracked my sump cover last year. Hopefully I will be able to get the most of my upgrades and snap a few pics on the way.
Nice! And love those spoked rims :)

·
Registered
187 Posts

Nice! And love those spoked rims /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Thanks! I've fallen in love all over again

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Major Tom
I also would like to make my xsr a dual and seems you have the done a very good job on yours! I have a few questions:
  • which rims are those?
  • what you have done for the ground clearnce beyond the front 19’ wheel?
  • which tuning you ve done to suspensions?
Thanks !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts