XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Been slowly edging away on my xsr so here’s an update!
Just put some lsl super fat bars on,
Relocated speedo,
Biltwell grips
Removed scooter exhaust system and fitted new system with megaphone can
Removed pillion pegs
Nrg tail light and indicators cos I can’t stand the motion sensor camera on the back. With a nrg mount with smaller plate.
Will be changing headlight cos it’s silly big but can’t decide on what. And prices are insane. Will be wrapping exhaust pipe

Will add pictures when this lets me

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Cheers! It’s getting there! The handle bars have made a great difference, looks more aggressive but feels much lighter and gives more control, I would definitely recommend swapping them out.
Hi Ashley! great looking bike. Quick question regarding the bars. Are they wider than the OEM ones? Im looking something wider and with a BIT of forward lean.
If you have any other recommendations your suggestions will be appreciated. cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers! It’s getting there! The handle bars have made a great difference, looks more aggressive but feels much lighter and gives more control, I would definitely recommend swapping them out.
Hi Ashley! great looking bike. Quick question regarding the bars. Are they wider than the OEM ones? Im looking something wider and with a BIT of forward lean.
If you have any other recommendations your suggestions will be appreciated. cheers
Hi! Cheers! The lsl are 760mm I’m not sure on the length of the originals to be honest. But as they sit Lower it feels wider and a lot more comfortable. They do pull you in a bit further as well. They feel a lot more comfortable than standard. Definitely my favourite mod so far. Improved my confidence ten fold. The strut doesn’t really do a lot but it looks good.

·
Registered
101 Posts
tnx for your reply and insight! do you by any chance have a link for the bars? i would really appreciate it. thank you
Hi! Cheers! The lsl are 760mm I’m not sure on the length of the originals to be honest. But as they sit Lower it feels wider and a lot more comfortable. They do pull you in a bit further as well. They feel a lot more comfortable than standard. Definitely my favourite mod so far. Improved my confidence ten fold. The strut doesn’t really do a lot but it looks good.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tnx for your reply and insight! do you by any chance have a link for the bars? i would really appreciate it. thank you
http://www.kedo.com/ssl/php/art_det...&f_sub=1&PHPSESSID=8b1rsnlmmges2s7l1nihamvnb2

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, handlebars great. Relocating Speedo great. Ignition barrel placement still sucks. I was gonna move it to side panel but would be to easily broken and easier to nick. I’m gonna fit an alarm system, that allows me to remote start from key fob so no keys needed unless I want to put steering lock on. I think I’ve found a cheaper alternative to the jvb headlight. Once I’ve worked it out I’ll put up pics and costs etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So, handlebars great. Relocating Speedo great. Ignition barrel placement still sucks. I was gonna move it to side panel but would be to easily broken and easier to nick. I’m gonna fit an alarm system, that allows me to remote start from key fob so no keys needed unless I want to put steering lock on. I think I’ve found a cheaper alternative to the jvb headlight. Once I’ve worked it out I’ll put up pics and costs etc.
Would be very interested in your remote start solution. Motogadget have some good equipment but you'd need a lot of extras to finally get the remote start on there. Look forward to hearing your progress!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lextex do a kit for about 18quid. Friend of mine owns a garage. So he reckons an hour or two. Code it so it doesn’t start in gear. Should be this week. I’ll upload a video once done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right so, immobilisers suck. There’s away around it but not recommend. So given it’s an alarm system as well. My bikes locked in a garage ground anchored. Going to take the immobiliser barrel out and hide it in the bike. Ignition barrel stays in place so steering lock will work still. Bike will turn on and start on either remote start or kill switch. Taking longer than expected. So also doing fork covers and fork gaitors as well as headlight and indicators.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It’s back and it’s good! Couple bits arriving today or tomorrow. Frame covers and brake resi covers. Exhaust wrap to do, tires going to. Mt60rs next month and recover the seat. Other than that here it is.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts