XSR 700 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I noticed that some dents and waves are showing on both tank-covers, when taking the seat off. Does anybody have the same issue on their XSR?

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Nope, just checked mine. Good thing the tank covers it up, but you should notify dealer, especially if it appeared AFTER any service by them, and especially if it is brand new.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, just checked mine. Good thing the tank covers it up, but you should notify dealer, especially if it appeared AFTER any service by them, and especially if it is brand new.
Could you please send me some pictures of yours from different angles? Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, Jacson!

I would apreciate it if some of you could upload some pictures too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
There's a reddit user M525 who posted in the subreddit r/XSR700 with this exact same issue. He has the brushed aluminum tank covers as well. I also have brushed aluminum covers but I don't have this problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
There's a reddit user M525 who posted in the subreddit r/XSR700 with this exact same issue. He has the brushed aluminum tank covers as well. I also have brushed aluminum covers but I don't have this problem.
That was me, but thanks for pointing that out. :laugh: Could you also upload some pictures of yours, please?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been going through the different threads and found your post. I posted almost the same back in 2018 and never got a comment.
Mine is a lot worse. Is it anything I should complain about? Back then the dealer said it was normal.
Product Auto part Vehicle Bumper Rim

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have the red and silver colored tank and mine looks perfect. If it's a particular color that seems to be deformed, maybe the particular equipment that formed those parts had defective molds or something. I suppose another cause could be hitting the panels with the seat base in the process of installing the seat. If, in fact, the panels were screwed up during manufacturing you could get Yamaha to replace them if it's still under warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok, thanks. Mine is the red and silver as well. I took that picture back in August 2018. I showed it to the dealer back then. I'm going in for service soon so I think I'll take it up with them again.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Quick comment - you could contact one of those soft dent remover people who do that kind of stuff at car dealerships. They can probabl do it for reasonable money and no paint work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the tech black xsr and also noticed these dents but didn't think about it much since it's covered by the seat. But as some of you say it could be bad pieces from the factory

1 - 15 of 15 Posts