XSR 700 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined this forum to help eventually decide on what bike I'll get, with the Ducati Scrambler out for a while, some time has been spent looking into it. But having been interested in Yamaha products for years, delving into what Yamaha has brought to the table here is a must!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing to consider, the Yamaha should be cheaper then the Ducati... plus yammi has a better dealer network...
Good points and both very important points for those looking to get one as a daily. Dealer network for me is the more important one, hate going out of my way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't wait to see the xsr with a set of dual sports on her. It'll be interesting to see the two bikes compared off road.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not sure about the price difference but I have heard that the Ducati Scrambler requires a few extra parts to make it perform as it should have in it's stock form whereas the same adjustments will not be needed for the xsr700.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure about the price difference but I have heard that the Ducati Scrambler requires a few extra parts to make it perform as it should have in it's stock form whereas the same adjustments will not be needed for the xsr700.
What does the scrambler need done to it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm a bit torn between the XSR700 and the Ducati Scrambler too. How big of a price difference is between them?
If this bike ever makes it to us I would expect it to be nearly the same price. There is roughly $1000 diff in the base price between the Ducati and the fz 07 (the ducati being the higher)... at least up here in Canada. I have a feeling that the xsr will start at a minimum of a thou higher than the fz.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think the fz is a better bike out of the box then the ducati. I feel like ducati had to cut costs/make sacrifices to get down to that price point...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think one thing a member had to replace were the OEM springs because their wrists and forearms took a pounding from the UK's roads and overdamped springs. Probably a lot more if I took the time to read through the thread.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Going on the fz reviews again the suspension is seriously under-sprung. Way too soft. So a spring swap may be needed for this bike too depending how you ride.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I decided to XSR 700 over Ducati scrambler for 3 reasons:

1. Because it's Yamaha
2. Because c.a. $1000 more is not justified in case of Ducati
3. Because of double disc in front brake in Yamaha, gear indicator (ok ok I know - one can hear the gear :) but it's very handy), much more torque engine and overall look&feel (the last one is very subjective :)

Take care
Rad

·
Registered
70 Posts
I had the 700 and test rode the scrambler, I loved the scrambler! especially the enduro model. When i got my 700 i was a big fan but i just needed to get the 900 it wasnt enough for me. If i had the money for a second bike i would def invest in a scrambler rather than another 700. Not the answer you'd expect from this forum but i do have a soft spot for the duc

1 - 20 of 29 Posts